Saturday, March 14, 2009

Junky Clipboard Turned Handy Photo Holder


I come from a family of five girls and when my mom asked me to develop multiple copies of an old photo that included three of my oldest sisters, I asked her if I could have a little fun with my sister Terri's photo before she gave it to her.

You see Terri is the "middle child" in our family and has a heart of gold. She was diagnosed 14 years ago with multiple Schlerosis and has gone through so much over the years...especially the last four. Now with Progressive MS, she lives in an assisted living facility which does not allow much home decor due to the size of the room, so we always struggle to make it "homey" for her.

ENTER OLD JUNKY CLIPBOARD. I decided to use one of the old clipboards I had in storage to make a handy frame for the wall that could easily be removed for her to take a closeup look whenever she pleases. (New, clipboards can be purchased at many dollar-type and discount stores for dirt cheap).

I then stamped green cardstock with a whole slew of numbers and attached the photo.


Have you ever just loved everything about a special photo you have? Well, that's how I feel about this one. My two oldest sisters are sitting next to their baby sister (my big sister), Terri, in this 1964 photo.


Although I'm the baby in the family now, Terri was the "little sis" back then. Sometimes the easiest of projects can be the most rewarding, don't you think? Have you ever completed a simple project that just felt right?

As always, take care and keep on junking!

13 comments:

  1. This is really sweet Candy! Love the stamped numbers on the cardstock. Your sister is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love altering clipboards and you did a great job! The cardstock really looks good with the black and white photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome and just down right sweet!! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. The numbers are great and I like the choice of colors, the green goes so well with the black and white photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, what a wonderful way to display a cherished photo. And the best thing...is that it came from the heart. You obviously are a great sister to have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Candy! I love that you can still see the original finish on the clipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm I have MS too...if I ever get like your sister...I sure hope I have someone like YOU to do things like this for me! I don't have any sisters...and I am the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy you are so sweet. This is such a great idea for your sister. Love it!
    Thanks for featuring my giveaway on your blog. I appreciate you!
    Gretchen
    http://mimitoriasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
    I'm so sorry to hear that your sister has MS. My father had a progressive neurological disease, so I know how hard it is to see your loved ones go through this. You are obviously a very loving sister and the gift you made is gorgeous.
    PS love your deep fryer basket idea - ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy - saw this at the JunkMarketStyle website - very cool idea...your sister is fortunate to have such a thoughtful sister! Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been lurking for a while and love all of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Old Junky Clipboard, Great idea!!! Janna

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin