Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Inexpensive Junk Holiday Photo Cards


Happy Holidays everyone! Since I had such great feedback from my vintage typewriter photo display last month, I thought I'd incorporate that idea into my family's holiday cards this year. It was as easy as taking a photo of my display...


...select your favorite photo developing source. I chose to make 4 x 6" photos with a matte finish. A matte finish provides a more vintage, classic or retro feel to your photos. I purchased my envelopes separately from Walmart.

Mail your junk photo cards as-is or hand write a personal message on the back for your family and friends.

I was able to create this unique holiday card with envelope for only 35-cents each! Make it even cheaper by drawing a line down the center of the back of the photo and mail it like a postcard without the expense of the envelope. Be creative and take photos of other pieces of junk in your home. This type of card could be used for any occasion so the possibilities are endless!

Have a wonderful holiday season and keep on junking!

9 comments:

  1. Cuteness all over the place...the girls, the cards, your never-ending ideas! Love 'em all!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.....it's a good thing those old typewriters are decorative....they're heavy!!

    LaurieAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about keepsakes! I'd put these out for years to come. Timeless. Thanks for another great idea, Candy! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. tooo coool idea! I love that. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are some kind of original in your junking ideas! I LOVE this! And other things below :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's adorable! You come up with some of the best ideas. I think we'd be good "real life" friends if we lived close. Wanna move to Texas?! ;)

    I don't know if you rubber stamp, but I do, and I have a rubber stamp that is actually the back side of a postcard! So you can stamp it on anything to make it a postcard! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and original! You are so dang creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!! They put my cards to shame!!
    Adorable kids, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love it! :)

    your wreath ideas are key! :)

    merriest little christmas to you and yours

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin