Thursday, November 6, 2008

Vintage typewriter - Photo display



A Clipper I can be chipper about! I was given this Smith Corona typewriter from a wonderful Craigslister on Election Day. Talk about winning!



It was as easy as changing the font for the text to Batik Regular and printing out a black and white photo of my girls. This will get really fun when I switch out the photos for the different seasons.



As dirty as it was when it was handed to me, I knew it would clean up nicely!





Now if only I can keep my girls' hands off this thing! That will be the challange.

Have a wonderful day and keep on junking!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Candy. I love this idea! Also, look on my blog. I gave you an award! Keep up the good work!

    Lanette @ Cottage Elements

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute display. I never seem to find vintage typewriters, or if i do, they are too much. Maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm. That's a great idea! I bought an old typewritter from a garage sale when i was in high school, I think. I thought it was so cool and vintage-y. I never found a way to display it. I know I've thought about donating it over and over, so I'll have to check around and see if it's still hanging around my basement somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an old typewritter that was my dads... I have always wondered how to display it!
    thanks for the darling idea

    Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. i realize this is an old post. but the idea is still fresh and awesome. and i'll be doing this project today!

    thanks for the great hint!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin