Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm on Leaf Duty

Some of you may know my husband is a busy man which makes us a busy-behind-on-chores family. Considering he works over 60 hours a week at his job and he attends college completing a Master's Degree which requires an approximate 25 hours a week this term, I wouldn't even consider asking him to do traditional "guy chores" around the house. The man is exhausted and I appreciate all that he does for our family.



Problem is...look what I'm up against. Mother Nature. And to make matters worse, we live along the golf course, so I get a nice view of a perfectly manicured leafless lawn as a constant reminder of my lack of ability to keep up. I often wonder how much one of those jumbo mower/leaf bagger machines cost that they tease me with every couple days.




We also have a neighbor, a meticulous neighbor, that has a leaf blower strapped to his back every day from September 20th until the first snowflakes fall. Notice the nice line of green grass just behind my kids' playset. Not our property...obviously.



And did you happen to notice what a disaster-of-a-deck we have? Could we fit any more leaves or junk on it? Why yes, I think we could. BUT, my job for this weekend is to get this yard rockin' and rollin' and to clear the deck so we can walk across it without breaking a limb.

Have a great weekend and as always, keep on junking!

4 comments:

  1. I love your backyard! Leave those leaves for awhile. It will be a never ending battle til more are down. Well, that's my theory, anyway. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yard, too! Natural is good!

    Amy

    P.S. Congrats to you on your Kreativ Blogger Award from Lani @ Cottage Elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your neighbor is blowing all of his leaves into your yard. ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm knee deep in leaves myself!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin