Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Collectible Christmas





For me, it's easier to decorate one little area of my home at one time for the holidays, and then move on to the next...time permitting of course. I discovered this after having children. If I attempt to tackle an entire room it just doesn't work.

Ending up with rooms only half completed and incorporating the green and red storage tubs as part of my holiday decor, is just not the look I go for.

So what I will do with my blog is record my completed holiday decor...as it occurs. It may take me until 3 days before Christmas to finish everything, but you'll see it all.







I like to wait a few more weeks before I snag some greenery from the outdoors and purchase my berries. Those two things always make this collection look so pretty! So stay tuned.










About my collections/stuff:
The shelving unit was retrieved from the trash of a former neighbor of mine. Free.
Each of the white pottery pieces cost between $.50 to $3 each.
The crystalized branches were given to me by my mother. She received them (and more) from a family friend that works in a gorgeous landscaping nursery. Free.
Vintage silver balls - Purchased 3 large boxes at a thrift store. $1/ box.
Linen wrapped box - The box was used to hold seashells I purchased at a barn sale. Free
Vintage disc dangelies cut from old Bingo cards given by my mother. Free

Come back for more of my holiday decor. I think this will keep me on track too so please leave your comments! I love them so!!

Keep on junking!

8 comments:

  1. The Price is Right! And so is the look, Candy. You are right on with some great looks! I like the bingo card cut outs. Keep up the good work and the posting. Can't wait to see what's next! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, come on now, you know you love the red and green tubs! They serve as extra seating and as side tables during holiday parties! LOL

    I *love* all of the white! So chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "free" looks like a million bucks!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your style... very classy and love the price!! Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoaaaaaaaaa...that is one glamerous Christmas look you got goin on! It is getting me itchin to get my stuff out. My fave look is vintage or retro as well...I tend towards more reds..and I love apple green too...but yours in the mono..is gorgeous. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this post! Great ideas, Candy! Simply beautiful!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ~ how beautiful! I found you via Junk Market Style and am enjoying my visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely collection of holiday home decors.... very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin