Monday, November 17, 2008

My Domestic Weekend


Photo courtesy of cookin'mama from Allrecipes.


I played photographer.
We don't do professional photos very often due to the cost. This is my solution.



I was a Baker.
We baked wonderfully good sugar rolled cookies and made an easy peasy icing. The girls had a blast decorating them.





We also made popcorn balls! Yummmm.




I was a Crock Pot Extraordinaire!
My husband was quite pleased with both dishes. Saturday - Barbeque pulled pork sandwiches with salad and chips (you can't have bbq pork w/o chips!) Try this recipe. It's so easy...so good! Check out the top of my post for the glorious pic.

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
3 pounds boneless pork ribs
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce

DIRECTIONS
Pour can of beef broth into slow cooker, and add boneless pork ribs. Cook on High heat for 4 hours, or until meat shreds easily. Remove meat, and shred with two forks. It will seem that it's not working right away, but it will.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Transfer the shredded pork to a Dutch oven or iron skillet, and stir in barbeque sauce.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

*****Instead of me emptying the entire jar of sauce onto the pork prior to placing in oven, I recommend mixing in about 1/3 to 1/2 of the bottle. That way your guests can adjust the amount of sauce to their taste.

*********************************************************************


Photo courtesy of Courtney at Allrecipes. Both recipes found on Allrecipes.com.

Sunday dinner I made:

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
1/8 cup margarine
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup


DIRECTIONS
Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker; mix together and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.

The biggest change I made was placing the frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker whole instead of cubed. I then shredded the chicken once cooked and mixed it in with the soup and cream cheese. Very good and easy!


Also add on the cleaning, the full-fledged grocery store trip and the general day-to-day stuff and you get one tired woman!

Sorry no junking stories today...no time for that.

Have a great week everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Junkin's good...but so's cookin'!

    Good job on the girl's photos! They're sure sweeties!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on those photos! and they're in your own home, which is that much nicer!

    Those recipes look amazing! :) *printing them*

    Love reading your blog my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kid's pics! Nice! And the pulled pork is looking yummy. You WERE domestic! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed...you accomplished quite a lot! I did nothing...was in a funk...stayed in my flannel jammies until 5pm Saturday, and then I finally got up off the couch and showered. Blah.

    I have quite a few recipes for the crock pot. I should try them. That's not really cooking after all, is it? I think I could manage. LOL

    I want to steel those cookies.

    Your photos turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sitting here eating pork BBQ with chips...checking to see whose been by my blog :) You have a gaggle of girls (cute!) I have a boy for each one ;)
    I will put you on my sidebar...thanks Candy!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin