Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rusty Crusty Bottle Capper Shines On

Have you ever come across a cool piece of junk that just screams BUY ME!, knowing that you really don't have an immediate use for it? Well, of course you have! This is one of those junk pieces that convinced me to take it home.

I found this old bottle capper for just three measly bucks. This well used...well loved metal piece measures 21" in it's current state but can stretch in length another 4" if I choose. Junk-items-of-size are the best, because they allow you to edit your decor and not crowd every surface of your home with a bazillion little junkies. (We all love junk, but you don't want your home to look "junky".)

I then purchased a new glass cylinder with candle for around $2.50 total at The Flower Factory. Cylinder vases can also be purchased at garage sales and thrift stores on any given day. They are everywhere.

And there you have it! A fabulous candle holder that really catches the eye! I placed it alongside an industrial bin holding our house wine and it looks right at home.

Wouldn't it look fantastic next to a bin of micro or home brew? Recap your beer if necessary. (And the capper works as a great candle snuffer too. Well, not really.)

The rusty metal really gives some tooth to this piece, don't you think?

As you can see, you can use just about anything as a candle holder. What kind of junk do you use for candles?

-- This piece is also featured on JUNKMARKET Style. --

As always, take care and keep on junking!

10 comments:

  1. I have one of these but it has been painted black...suppose I could take the paint off! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a nice aged patina of rust! When we put the steel roof on our building I really wanted to pour something on it to give it the appearance of an old tin roof ....... husband had a small fit and I didn't, but, still .... it would look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming & elegant!! Love the pairing! It creates some ambience for sipping that wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I love the light bulbs that go off in people's heads when they see something unique like this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy that is so dang cute! I love it, and yes it's a piece that I would have HAD to have as well. Looks great- Krista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! What a cool find and piece! Keep the great ideas coming! Hugs, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find!
    I'm looking for one now.
    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful transformation of a junk piece. I used to live in North Canton, OH and LOVED The Flower Factory. Glad to read that it is still around.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two of those out in the barn....may have to clean one up!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin