Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Saw The Sign...

...and it opened up my eyes. I saw the sign.

And oh, what a sign it is!

As luck would have it, this old sign was still hanging in a Chagrin Falls antique shop that I strolled through a couple weeks ago. I was on the loose that day, so to speak. Free from squealing girls in tow, free from responsibilities other than to myself, and free to do as I pleased for three entire hours! That is when I saw it.

I had to leave it behind that day though, to mull over the purchase, knowing full well how these sort of things go.

Here today...gone tomorrow.

I was worried. But that's the risk you take (and appeal) of shopping vintage and antique stores. I was willing to take that risk as I peered over my shoulder at it before leaving the shop.

Fast forward a few weeks later and you see that it is now on my front doorstep! Ready to be hung in just the right spot in my home. Measuring 2' x 3', I'll figure that part out.

But this time, however, I get to mull over the decision with no additional worries.

Black and white
with numbers and letters.
Chippy and old.
What could be better?

Take care and have a great day! Please stop back and join me in taking junk to another level!

9 comments:

  1. Love this! Can't wait to see it in your house! You will show us, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I will keep stopping by as I love to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh~ MY~ Gosh! THAT is FABULOUS!
    I used to do Wonderful World of Ohio Mart at Stan Hywet! Even though it wasn't that far from home ( Ashtabula at the time) I always stayed in Chagin Falls so I could go shopping when I was done setting up for the show! Sure miss that!
    Smiles,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. No kidding! That is a sign my mom and/or I would love!!
    Hollie
    funkyjunkshow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing could be better! so glad it patiently waited for your return!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Job! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin