Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reuse Time - Halloween Costumes

This isn't anything new but I wanted to share how simple (and cheap) it is to shop thrift stores for Halloween or dress-up costumes. Daughter #1 (my 6th grader) will be attending her first Halloween Party/Dance this Friday and gave me some ideas of what she wanted to dress up as. Well I went to my favorite thrifting *haunts* and came across something FABULOUS for her - will share it in a later post. I also found my two other daughters adorable costumes as well. All the costumes you see above were $28.30 TOTAL - just under the $30 cost of ONE new costume. These tend to rotate around the family too which is an even bigger savings!

I'm curious which daughter will like their costume the most?

The 6th grader?

...the 2nd grader?

...or the kindergartner?


I'll keep you posted.


Taking junk to another level.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! I need a dress for a Blogger Ball next weekend, so I need to hit my thrift stores. Only wish they made big girl dresses as cute as the little girl dress up ones;)!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminder "Go Purple" Wednesday, October 20th....Read More on my blog,

    Dianne
    Kitsch n Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great place to add a flea market or vendor is at www.thefleamarkets.com/directory/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin