Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Burlap Sack Art

Do you have an abundance of burlap sacks just waiting to be part of a project? Well, here is an easy one for you. For a ridiculously low amount of money, you can create your own piece of art with them. Remember the wood "things" I brought home from my parents' house this past spring? If not, you can see the story here.

Supplies needed for this project:

- Burlap sack (coffee bean, potatoes, black eyed peas, onion, flour, etc)

- Wood frame or artist's canvas - Check thrift stores for these items. You'll be covering them anyway.

- Heavy duty stapler

Remove seam from sack. Cut to fit wood frame. Stretch over frame snugly. Staple.

I chose to staple my project along its sides to give the piece a more rustic feel. However, for a more finished look, staple to back.




And at just $2.00, I'd call this junk project a success! You can also see this project featured on JUNKMARKET Style.


As always, take care and keep on junking!

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!!
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the perfect space for this! I am now hunting for burlap sacks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! It fits all of the criteria: adorable, easy and cheap!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet project! I love it and it costs almost nothing!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you find the sacks? I love this idea.

    Charla

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should see the stack o sacks I have in my garage! I have been making purses and tote bags out of them, but I just LOVE what you did with yours, i may have to make one or 2!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great idea! I´m going to copy you if you don´t mind. During our holidays I found a burlap sack in Germany and I didn´t know yet what to do with. Once I have seen a bedcover made out of these sacks in a magazine...
    I found your blog through ´Old Tyme Marketplace´ :)
    Best regards from Belgium,
    Marjolijn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Cheap and easy...that's me! For the Sake - I have been able to find all of mine at flea markets. I have also heard people approach coffee houses to see if they'll sell you their old sacks.
    Take care,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...and Marjolijn. Blogs are for inspiration so I'd love it if you'd make a wall hanging from your find!
    Thank you for coming by. I love Old Tyme Marketplace!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic....burlap art, who would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love LOVE this! I found you off someone's blog roll and I'm glad I did. I'm a new follower, waiting for more junky inspiration. :)

    Funky Junk Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Candy!

    Me again. I've featured this post in my Today's Hot Find section for Thursday Oct 29 '09. :)

    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin