Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shop Junk Sophisticate

I am finally open for business and officially a "shopkeeper"! A shopkeeper is the title given to me by Secret Garden's owner, Diane Wilbur. (It's another name for vendor, however, I will work there a couple days a month so essentially will be keeping shop during those days). My space is quite small, but I wanted to get my feet wet before I really took a major plunge.

My space will be filled with many of the vintage style and junk decor wares you've all seen in my blog posts or on JUNKMARKET Style.

My shopkeeper number is #11 and I have placed blog cards in my space if you'd like to grab one. I bet you'll be able to tell it's my stuff though, just by the look of the space. ;) Junk Decor baby!

Secret Garden - Located in picturesque Aurora, Ohio - 196 South Chillicothe Rd. Shop hours currently 11am - 5pm seven days a week. Effective November 1st, shop hours change to 10am - 5pm M - F with extended hours on Thursdays to 9pm.


Next door to Chet Edwards Home Furnishings.

And just two doors down from Three Elysabethe's French Country Shop.

You can visit The Baby & Kids Shop located behind Chet Edwards and Three Elysabethe's!

There is also fabulous shopping 1/4 mile south of us at Aurora Farms Premium Outlets which ironically used to hold one of my favorite flea markets in the area. It is gorgeous now!

If you've traveled far, and you'd like to rest your weary head, make sure to reserve a room at the beautiful historic Aurora Inn which is now owned by Mario's International Spas & Hotels. (I had my wedding and reception here and it's lovely).

I hope to see you at Secret Garden...and please shop Junk Sophisticate!

As always, take care and keep on junking!

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am sure will do great, your stuff is always great! May have to check it out next time I am in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to come to Ohio! Aurora looks like a place I could spend a lot of time (and money)!

    Congrats on your shop, Candy-- I know you'll do fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Booth #11 is now on my "I have to go there!" list!!! I am so excited for you - it all looks SO fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep us posted!! You'll do great. Keep the pix coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Candy. May the junking gods be with you. LuAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right down the road, is my next trip. It will take me 15 minutes. See you there.
    Take Care
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippeeee Yi Yoooooo! Candy - can't wait to come and peruse your little junk corner of the world! I know it will be awesome - in your sophisticated junky style!!! Good luck - you're gonna be a HUGE hit!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and good luck!! Too bad I don't lived near you... I would so shop there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chet Edwards is a Congressman here in Texas - prob not the same though - Congrats congrats congrats on your shop/space - talk about location, location, location - what a beautiful place - gotta tell you, the pots on the candleholders - as i scrolled the picture - my first thought was what cool looking top hats - so for Christmas - you gotta leave the bottom portion white - paint the plate portion of the candleholder & the pot black - accent with a holly berry and leaf on the top hat - maybe dust it with snow - and tie a plaid scarf around the 'neck' of the snowman ..love your stuff, Candy - so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Candy! Congrats to you! Everything looks great. And you're right. It is soooo you. Love it! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Candy on your new venture as a shopkeeper. It looks like you've got a great mix in your space and a lovely location. Makes me want to take a trip to Ohio. Good luck and keep up in touch with how things are going my friend.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the wonderful support and well wishes! It is so very appreciated! I have been holding off for quite a while so I am very excited.

    And yes! I welcome any and all to make the trip to Ohio. Aurora is a beautiful town just 10 minutes from my doorstep. With surrounding towns like Hudson and Chagrin Falls, there is plenty to do and they all have that small town feel. Right, Karen? I'd love to see each of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, and Troy! What an idea! I couldn't picture what you were saying until I looked back at the photo. Talk about a creative mind! Thanks so much for a wonderful idea...and no, it's not the same Chet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Candy, looks like a great area, and a fun place to visit :) I am confident you will do fabulously! You are one creative lady, that is for sure. And ditto on keeping us all posted. Way to go!

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  15. Candy,

    Great pictures of the shop & historic shopping area.
    Allie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to visit there some day. It's a lovely place to call home. Congrats on becoming a shopkeeper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS!!! I love your little spot!! Love all the pics of the town! Adorable..definitely my type of town! Hugs, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting! I'm sure you'll do really well...your stuff looks great in the pics! Ohio looks beautiful! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm dipping my toes into being a "shopkeeper" too! http://sundrenchedmoments.blogspot.com/2009/10/mama-to-be-monday-something-new.html

    How is it going for you so far? My big day is Saturday. Supposed to be beautiful weather so hopefully lots of people will come out. :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin