Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Metal and Glass

I was actually able to get a little thrifting in today sans children. I love the little buggers but they can sure put a damper on my thrift store addiction. (Or maybe, they are really keeping it in check.)

Care for a puff ball on a platter? This fluffy thing is really an end piece from the strings attached to a fuzzy hat from the 60's or 70's.

Did anyone have a hat like this other than me? I remember wearing it but think it was after it was already out of style.

I purchased the crusty corbel you see here at a flea market last year but didn't feel like lugging the thing around just to get a few thrift shots in. Please pretend it isn't there.

I haven't figured out what do with the mini movie reels and cases, but thought something nifty could come of them. What do you think?

Isn't this baby galvanized bucket wonderful? I thought it had such a nice sweet simplicity to it. So much better looking than mass produced department store wares.

Care to share some of your thrift store finds with me? I'd love to hear about them.

As always, take care and keep on junking!

8 comments:

  1. Hey there thrifty lady!! You scored pretty well (unsupervised by the girls!!)! Love the metal movie reel cases and the little bucket.

    OK - you got me - I had one of those hats in 6th grade - sorry to say there are no pictures to prove that fact - thank goodness!!memories................

    Thanks for sharing! (keep warm)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I'd do without my old found at a garage sale bucket. I whip around the yard doing all sorts of tasks with bucket in hand!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful "junk" finds. I really love the platter that your puff ball is sitting in (and I remember those hats)!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thrifting day! Lots of fun finds...and yes, I remember wearing that hat(I LOVED it) in 10th grade- and a photo exists with me wearing it...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a great thrift store haul! The thrift stores in our area need to take a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff. Love the little galvanized bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog. I found you from Junk Market Style. Fabulous coat rack and desk top organizer..I totally use the thrift store to get away from my kids and de stress(love them dearly,but)

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all! glass, metal, lace, burlap, linen yummy....

    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin