Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Share Your Junk With Mom


There's nothing sweeter than being able to go through your junk stash to find all the makings of a perfect Mother's Day morning surprise.

Mom knows we are spending the day with her this Sunday on Mother's Day, bringing along a delicious lunch to share. What she doesn't know is we are arriving bright and early with her her favorite banana crumb muffins too!


I had a ball gathering my favorite freebie canning jars which hold flower clippings from our front yard tree. The jars are the perfect shade of blue and are just right for Mother's Day.


I thought I'd tote along my vintage picnic basket, a freebie find that I normally use in another display in my home. I love the versatility of junk, don't you?


Ahhhh! The scrumptious Food of Honor. I couldn't share this post with everyone without a closeup of the food now could I?


The Food of Honor has been placed on a pedestal, the zinc lid from the Ball canning jar. Yummm! A queen we'll treat her 'til we eat her.



So why not share some junk with Mom? Then she'll really know she's Queen For A Day.


Do you have plans for Mother's Day? If so, I'd love to hear about them.

My husband, kids and I celebrated this past Sunday, a week early, since Hubs will be out of town on the real date. He kiddingly gave me the option of going to the zoo with them or to stay home and relax by myself. He wanted me to decide whichever would make my Mother's Day brighter.

I chose to go to the zoo.


10 comments:

  1. those muffins look so good!
    My tummy is growling!!
    Those are good ideas, they have my brain a ticking as to what I want to do for my own mom on Mothers day!
    Thanks for the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics look like pages right out of a magazine Candy! You have one lucky Mom indeed! Perhaps you could share your recipe? Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome display,photographs and "Mothers Day" idea. Love your post and love your talent. You have been given an award from me. To find out more visit my site this afternoon. I am still working on it, so it will be posted a bit later.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your mother will love that...who wouldn't?! It's beautiful! The flowers in the blue jars are stunning.

    I'm really jonesing for one of those muffins right now! ;) I haven't had breakfast yet, and they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures and wonderful subject matter! I'd have picked the zoo, too! As for our plans? My Mom wants to come to Poetry and have a work day. She knows my garage/land could use some special love. So, we're having a work day for Mother's Day. I love my mom! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely setting! Any Mom would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave my mom a homemade sugar scrub. http://condo-blues.blogspot.com/2009/04/4-homemade-sugar-scrubs-that-go-from.html It's a little "junky" because I put the scrub in a really cool little jelly jar I washed out and saved after I ate the jelly. OK, I'll admit it. I also bought that jelly because I wanted to do something the empty jar! Busted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy...love the pics you posted here and the muffins look so YUMMY! I pray your Mother's Day was great and that your hubby returns safely from his trip. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet spread! Mmmmmm....


    And thanks for your sweet comments on my Mom's Day post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Candy - I left you a FABULOUS award on my blog...stop by when you have time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin