Sunday, December 21, 2008

How To Make A Hot Cocoa Station

Want to warm up your guests this holiday season? Create a "go to" spot in your home that includes a hot cocoa station.


Start with an old wood box. Add primer and a couple coats of paint (Chalkboard paint is a bonus! You'll see why.)



Add a vintage thermos or two filled with your best hot chocolate, a generous amount of your favorite mugs and add a message in chalk to show your guests you mean business about your cocoa.


Don't forget to collect the 25-cents. ;)


Mmmmmm! Now we're toasty warm and I topped mine off with marshmallows!


What kind of "station" do you create that serves your guests wants or needs? It's fun to share! I'd love to hear your comments!

As always, take care and keep on junking!

6 comments:

  1. I've never thought of setting "stations" or maybe I've just never called them that. But I love the idea and with an expected 25-30 people Christmas day, count me in on the stations! I'm thinking cider station.. or coffee with different syrups station. Thanks for the wonderful idea. The little box painted up with all the fixins would also make for a wonderful gift. Thanks for the great idea!
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the idea. Now I have to find the box. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! I am a serious hot chocolate lover, and I love the idea of having a station dedicated to it!

    I would love to see your home all decked out for the holidays. I am sure the ideas would bowl me over!!

    Have a very, merry Christmas!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candy,

    This is one of the best holiday posts I've seen anywhere! And the photography is looking great! Love it all!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I actually have a Peppermint Hot Chocolate station in my kitchen, but it sits in a white enamelware tray. LOVE the crate and chalkboard paint idea! :) I just found your blog and I am devouring it! I love your ideas! You are definitely at the top of my list! Thanks for sharing all of your finds and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spy the Pelican Cooler in the background! It's yummy!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin