Monday, December 1, 2008

Tricycle Tire Turned Holiday Card Display



What do you do with two bucks in your pocket at a thrift store? You buy a rusted out vintage tricycle! That's what you do!





I dismantled it as much as I could and decided to go for a holiday card display. I made sure to use the clothespins to attach the cards...that way it's reminiscent of childhood when we attached playing cards to our spokes so it would make sounds like a motor.



Well that's one way to go for an eclectic look!

I hope you enjoyed some quality junking time this weekend. I'd love to hear about your finds.

5 comments:

  1. Aw, that's precious! You could use that for displaying pictures after the holidays! (the word verification is "belly." How weird! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea! I have been wanting to find one just to set a plant on top...but now I will be looking for two of them.....thanks for the inspiration. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live for garage sales and junkin'! Perhaps that's why I dislike winter - the junkin' slows down.

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candy. Love this! Your wheels were turning, weren't they? (pun intended) Looks just wonderful on the table with the lamp. Your music is mellowing me out. Love it. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, Just loved the tricycle wheel card holder! Did you post this out on JM and I missed it? Very cool. I would love for you to add my blog. Happy Junking!
    cynthia
    www.rustandsplinters@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin