Monday, April 6, 2009

Candy Land Birthday Party!


I knew at some point I'd have to do a Candy Land party for one of my girls for my own selfish reasons, however time was running out. So my baby Meg got the full-on candy treatment for her 4th birthday over the weekend.


First things first was to buy as many gingerbread and candy cane decorations as possible during after Christmas clearance. You gotta love 50, 75, even 90% off sales! Next was to stock up on a wide variety of candies. Thanks to my new favorite store B.A Sweetie Candy Company just outside of Cleveland. It's an AMAZING candy warehouse that not only sells at their brick and mortar building, but also to their online customers. Check out their retro candies. I'll be returning for some of my favorite treats from the 70's (can you say Chick-o-Stick?)


Meg's guests were greeted by a "candy bar" that included a multitude of candies including M&M's, gummie bears, marshallow twists and ice cream cones, and circus peanuts. A large lollipop tree held suckers to be pulled out. Depending on what color tip was at the end of your stick determined what non-candy prize you received. (FYI - Helium tanks are not that attractive as party decor).

These candy fans chose a goodie bag to decorate with sweet stickers. This bag would be filled with treats throughout the party.


A simple festive decoration is hanging curling ribbon and candy dots from a chandelier.

These candy crusaders below entered "Gingerbread Forest" and received a gingerbread necklace made from clearance St. Patrick's Day leis and a clearance deck of gingerbread playing cards.


They were then directed to the King Kandy and Princess Frostine crown area where each guest made a crown for themselves decorated with more candy stickers (found at JoAnn's for $1.00 per book...great price).


Thanks to Hubs helping hand pre-party as well as during, he was able to get a shot of the family room while the party-goers were in other rooms. This was the Mr. Mint and Princess Frostine combo room.



My oldest daughter was the D.J. and coordinated a great game of "freeze dance" in honor of Princess Frostine. Party like a 4-year-old rock star I say!!


Meggie opened her wonderful gifts from all her friends and treated them to strawberries and fruit dip, bananas, cheese and crackers, popcorn and marshmallow filled ice cream cones and yummy confetti cupcakes! Just something sweet and simple.


I think messy face Meg enjoyed every minute of the day! Everyone left with bags full of candy and candy-related loot as well as a Candy Land coloring book with poster, stickers and crayons. Hopefully we didn't have too many hurtin' bellies afterward. ;)



9 comments:

  1. Candy, Oh my gosh...it's looking like you (I mean Meg...) had a SWEET time!! What a lucky little 4-year old!

    And...great bargain shopping by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great party! Glad you invited us!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smile says it all Mom:-)
    Blessings
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog today and am soooo in love with it. I can't explain the feeling junk gives me when I can repurpose it as decor.. and you are the queen of all junk. I'm so glad I found you!!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your party came out fabulous! I love the candy dot decor and that you used the game board as a decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great party and great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really cute!
    you know how i love candy... ;)
    ox
    christina

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin