Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...


...or so I hope. Last month I came across a beautiful Australian blog that I just can't seem to get enough of. Simply Natural is filled with gorgeous photos that inspire changes in your own home decor. After viewing the author's post on her love of shells, I tried to accomplish "the look" she shared with pieces of my own personal seaside junk around the house. Mixed together with time-worn leather suitcases, vintage aluminum thermoses and a few old glass jars, the finished look was quite pleasing.






Below is her inspiring photo:



And here is my junky take on it...



I think I'll add a few more junk fillers to it at some point, but overall I'm fine with the way it looks now. Do you look to others to replicate a look?

As always, take care and keep on junking!

10 comments:

  1. I totally look to others to replicate and find inspiration from! I think yours looks reeeeeally good! And now you have definetly inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the lookout for ideas I can twist and tweak. Love what you've done! A great homage to the blog you found! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy - I'm always looking for inspiration from others - and there are so many gifted and creative people to gather ideas from - from the JunkMarketStyle website, to all the wonderful bloggers out there that I've "met", to magazines, nature, etc... It's neverending!

    The look you replicated is awesome - and your "junky" take on it is perfect! I love anything beachy, so this is right up my alley! I love your style, and you're definitely one of my inspirations!!

    Take care and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful re-creation! I love the summer time feel it gives. Time worn and special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, I actually like your version better! Very clean and simple. And yes, I look to others for inspiration...HGTV, magazines, blogs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cassie! Great pictures, I must say!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candy. I'm absolutely thrilled that my post inspired you! You've done a beautiful job.
    Hope you are having a great Easter.
    Best wishes,
    Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Candy! Yes, yes...love that inspiration! I love what you did here! Thanks for sharing and HAPPY EASTER! I am still thinking your area of the country would be worth visiting and I'd love to meet you. Love your blog! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks great! I love the look of nature being used inside. And this time of year there are so many options!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Candy! Finally, I found a way to message you...you left a message on a post of mine waaaay back in December and I didn't log into my account for while but wanted to say thanks for showing me some love...I am glad you enjoyed my piece...BTW, I am junkinmytrunk on JMS but my real name is Kennesha and I, too, am a lover of junk,vintage, antique, shabby...just about anything I can be creative with...anyhow, I love your blog, love your stuff on JMS and totally enjoy reading your contributions. Excited about getting to know you virtually and perhaps, one day, in person! Please visit my blog (still under construction) and follow me! www.menmyhouseblog.blogspot.com. Aloha and Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin